Cider Connoisseur Nice & Naughty Score Card
Appearance - 9
Flavor - 8.5
Smell - 9.3
Mouthfeel - 9
Crafted & Bottled by:
Crafted & Bottled by:2 Towns Ciderhouse (Corvallis, OR - USA)
Good to know:Guten free, only sold from October through December.
Predominant flavors:Tart, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove.
After tasting 2 Towns Ciderhouse’s Nice & Naughty cider this year I will crave every holiday season. I’ll get into the details of why soon enough, just know that the same way I crave for a good egg nog over some holiday music, I’ll now also crave for the delicious and ass kicking Nice and Naughty cider. It’s the adult version of a beautiful spiced apple cider.
Not too long ago I reviewed 2 Towns Ciderhouse’s Ginja Ninja after finding it on tap at a local pub. That was my first encounter with the 2 Towns Ciderhouse brand, and it was the beginning of what I’m thinking is going to be a long lasting love affair. Here’s a company that really cares about the quality, craft and finesse of cider making. I really enjoyed watching some of their videos, including the “teaser” into what they’re all about. They say they make “damn fine cider”, and all I can say is these guys “walk the talk”.
The full lineup of hard ciders from 2 Towns Ciderhouse includes the following:
- Flagship Ciders (Available Year-Round):
- The Brightcider – Hard Apple Cider
- The Bad Apple – Imperial Hard Apple Cider
- Outcider – Unfiltered Cider
- Seasonal Ciders:
- Serious Scrump – Dry English Style Cider (January through April)
- Cherried Away – Cherry & Apple Hard Cider (March through June)
- Made Marion – Marionberry Cider (May through September)
- Rhubarbarian – Rhubard & Apple Cider (June through October)
- Nice & Naughty – Spiced Apple Cider (October through December) THIS REVIEW
- Ginja Ninja – Ginger & Apple Cider (November through February)
- Limited Releases:
- Bourbon Honey Special Sauce – Honey and Apple Cider Aged in Bourbon Barrel
- Hop & Stalk – Hop & Rhubarb Cider
2 Towns Ciderhouse Nice & Naughty hard cider pours a beautiful golden and fizzy cider. A small, and audible white head that quickly dissipates, but keeps a light fizz going. Do make sure to give this hard cider a proper sniff. There’s a reason why this is a seasonal blend – the cinnamon, nutmeg and clove make you feel warm inside. I can’t really see it being enjoyed at that same level any other time of the year.
Ready? Go for it and be prepared for the tart of the first sip. Hits you in the back of your jaws. Then it works its way into a nice cinnamon and nutmeg flavor and mouthfeel you can fully dwell on before taking the next sip. It’s a successful realization as a hard spiced apple cider.
As far as holidays are concerned, this one might be difficult to top. I did see a Julian Hard Cider Apple Pie floating around my liquor store, and if anyone can give 2 Towns Ciderhouse Nice & Naughty hard cider a run for their money is Julian Hard Cider. I haven’t tasted that one yet though so for now let’s award Nice & Naughty as the holiday-must-drink hard cider!
Have you had one? What did you think? Let me know in the comments below and feel free to leave your own rating by clicking on the stars in the “Score Card” above.